Sunday, April 21, 2013

Project: Baby Nursery

It's official! Baby girl Catherine is coming this summer! When it came time to start getting her nursery ready, we had two bedrooms to choose from. Kyle's office/computer workshop won the bid. I had so much fun with this project!


This was taken just as we were getting new wood floors throughout the house.
Once this was finished, we painted the walls the  neutral Benjamin Moore "Revere Pewter"



My dad built this book wall for me, which is probably my favorite thing in the room. I had seen different versions of a book wall on Pinterest and came up with my own measurements to fit what I knew would become quite and extensive library!

My sister, sewing extraordinaire, made the reading pouf using this tutorial and one yard of fabric!




The dresser / diaper changing table was a flea market find (already painted white! = score!).
I knew I wanted most of the furniture in the room to be white since the book wall would bring so much vibrancy and color!



 The curtains were hung above the height of the window, and I found the perfect mirror to go


above to create the illusion of a transom window.




As shower gifts began coming in, it's was so fun to organize all her little accessories in her changing table/dresser. I got some Real Simple brand drawer organizers from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and went to town!


My dad also built the cute little shelf with hooks to hang her outfits of the day for dressing routines.
I had seen a shelf similar to this one day when I was browsing Home Goods. It wasn't white though and it was $50. I knew my dad could build a better one. All I had to buy were the hooks, which I found at Hobby Lobby.



And here it is in place:


I love the chair we found: the Nava swivel rocker from Best Chairs. It's big enough for us to sit in to rock her but still a small enough size to stay in her room as a reading chair as she grows.



The white "Liberty" crib was ordered from a local vendor. The rug came next (Target) followed by cute purple crib sheets (also, Target).  The slatted bumper pads came from Oliver B

 

I knew I wanted an accent wall behind her crib. So I decided to use a stencil instead of wallpaper or a solid wall of contrasting paint. I found the Sarai Paisley stencil at Cutting Edge Stencils





The 22" wooden monogram came from SisterBug
My mom and I painted it purple with a bottle of acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby and those sponge brushes.



No comments:

Post a Comment