Monday, July 15, 2013

Project: DIY Birth Announcements

Baby girl Catherine made her debut on June 27th, 2013.  I knew I still wanted to send out some fun announcement cards even though most of our friends and family were already aware of her birth. 

My talented friend Kristen came over a week after she was born and helped me prove to myself that we could tackle this project in one day! She found the most adorable inspiration photo online and provided her natural photography skills.
I loved the idea of using books since that was also the baby shower theme.


My friend Ashley and Momo (aka my mom) provided extra hands for baby handling and positioning. 
Newborn photography is not easy!!


Duncan the Shih Tzu could not keep himself away either. 




We tried several different positions and ultimately decided to use her stenciled nursery wall as the backdrop.


After about 4 hours of photo-taking (with a few breaks ordered by Catherine), Kristen and I tried out some  designs on Minted.com


 and finally decided on this one 


I am so happy with how they turned out!!!


Going in the mail this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment