Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Project: Happy Birthday, Sweet 4 Year Old!

Everyone remembers their 4th birthday and all the cool presents they received. At least, I want to believe this is true although I could not tell you what I received unless I go back and watch the old VHS.

Anyway,  I have a birthday party to attend this Saturday for a cute little 4 year old who is currently very interested in BASEBALL!

Of course, he also loves to read so I took the opportunity to visit MY favorite section of Barnes and Noble... the kids section!

Here's what I came home with:

Mo Willems is hilarious! I could see this one becoming his favorite


Froggy has a whole series of colorful little stories. Great for parents to read aloud..


Cute cute cute. I love Syd Hoff...

And.... I had to throw in a Melissa and Doug toy for good measure!

"Jack" comes with 27 magnetic pieces of sports attire for children to match. Great pre-K skills!


Although mine will probably be the least interesting present to tear into at the birthday party,
I know he will really love these when he gets home and has some quiet time!


 

UPDATE:


 I was correct that my present was the least interesting. There were plenty of cool super hero toys that books just could not compete. 

However, the birthday party was definitely one to remember!
See photos from the party hosted by my amazing friend Kristen after the jump

First, let me state some facts: I come to parties three primary reasons:
1) to go shopping for a gift
2) to see how everything is decorated
3) THE FOOD

Number 3 did not fail me this round.

 
(Shown above and below)
Chicken tenders fried with potato chips, pizza slices,  pinwheels, tostistos with mexican dip, 
fruit, cheese ball, sausage

Instead of a cake, there were these super cute cake pops in the party colors (red and blue) and chocolate.
My friend Kristen got her husband to make the tiered stand for them with holes to fit the cake pops.

 

Birthday boy was super stoked!

 

There was also an ice cream bar with a variety of toppings to choose.

 


I love my creative friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment